Why choose our specialist gymnastics insurance?
Gymnastics is fun for those who take part and great to watch, but due to the fast paced, complex nature of the routines performed, there is a heightened risk of accidents and personal injury. Gymnasts pride themselves on the difficulty level of each routine to win the approval of the judges, so a gymnastics insurance policy from Insure4Sport is a must-have safety net to give you total peace of mind when performing or training.
Ready to get a tailored quote?
Why do gymnastics coaches need insurance?
Whether you coach in schools or in your spare time, you’ll be instructing and guiding gymnasts on a regular basis, which is why it’s so important to have a specialist gymnastics insurance policy in place to protect you from the risks that come with coaching. With Insure4Sport you can build your own policy choosing from cover options such as; Public Liability, Professional Indemnity, Personal Accident, Loss of Earnings, Sports Equipment and Worldwide cover.Take a look at the following examples of why every gymnastics coach should have specialist insurance:
- A student damages equipment during a session at a venue you are using.
- A specific action you teach is brought into question if a student suffers an injury resulting from your advice or instruction.
- You injure yourself during a session which means you can’t work (and earn) for a period of time.
- You injure yourself during a session and require physio treatment.
- Your sports equipment needed to teach is damaged, lost or stolen.
- One of your employees seriously injures themselves during a teaching drill and claims compensation from you.
Why do gymnasts need insurance?
Gymnasts, along with cheerleaders, have one of the highest injury rates of any athlete. Muscle tears, whiplash and neck injuries are common, which is why it’s essential to have a specialist insurance policy in place to protect you if an accident happens. A specialist gymnastics insurance policy from Insure4Sport can provide cover for personal accident including broken bones and physiotherapy, plus Loss of Earnings cover which provides compensation should you injure yourself during a performance or training session and be unfit to work for a period of time.Take a look at the following examples of why every gymnast should have specialist insurance:
- You injure yourself during a performance or training session and require physio treatment.
- You suffer an injury during a performance or training session which means you can’t work and earn for a period of time.
- Your sports equipment is damaged, lost or stolen.
- You accidentally injure another participant during a performance or training session and they decide to take legal action against you.
Why do gymnastics teams need insurance?
Insure4Sport offers amateur gymnastics teams a policy that can be specifically tailored to the needs of the team. Both junior and adult teams can be insured on the same policy, providing complete peace of mind that every time the team steps up, everything from the apparatus to the gymnasts’ legal responsibility is covered.Take a look at the following examples of why every amateur gymnastics team should have specialist insurance:
- You give the go ahead to play or practice at a facility, a member of an opposing team gets injured and you’re held responsible because the facility is deemed to be unfit.
- One of the team coaches offers advice which leads to a team member’s injury.
- A team member injures themselves during a team training session and requires physio treatment.
- A team member injures themselves whilst travelling to, from or participating in the sport, which prevents them from carrying out normal work duties and therefore they incur a loss of earnings.
- Team sports kit or equipment is damaged, lost or stolen.
- You employ a physio who injures themselves whilst running to treat an injured team member and they claim compensation from you.
Public Liability Insurance covers you for third party injury or damage to property.
Professional Indemnity Insurance protects you from legal action following advice given.
Provides financial support should you receive an injury whilst carrying out the activity which you are insured and you are unable to work. The maximum benefit period for this cover is 52 weeks. There is an excess of 14 days on this section.
Personal Accident Insurance (sometimes referred to as Sports Accident Insurance) ensures that should an accident occur whilst carrying out the activities for which you are insured you will be entitled to compensation.
insure4sport provides a benefit for Accidental Death, Permanent Disablement, Loss of Limbs and Sight up to £50,000. Plus there is cover in place should you require Physiotherapy or Emergency Dental Treatment. We will also financially compensate you should you require a hospital stay or break a bone.
Provides protection against loss of, theft or damage to your valuable sports equipment should the unthinkable happen. Cover for items less than a year old is on a new for old basis. A Single Article Limit of £2,500 and a £50 excess applies to all claims. Sports equipment excludes bicycles and bicycle accessories. This cover is however available through our bespoke bicycle product “Cycleplan”. Please visit www.cycleplan.co.uk for further information.
Employers Liability insurance will enable you to meet the cost of compensation for your employees’ injuries or illness whether they are caused on or off site. If you are a business or employee people this is a legal requirement.
If you employee volunteers you should still select the option but leave the wage roll values clear.
Participant to Participant Liability provides cover if one of your participants/players injures another participant/player during a sport where tackles, scrums, mauls, or throws are permitted (e.g. football or MMA). If you’re a coach or instructor, and you are deemed liable, then you will be protected.
for over 200 sports
Sign up for our latest news and offers!
To receive exclusive offers from Insure4Sport and the Ripe Group plus the latest sports news and information, please complete your details below.
There has been an error, please contact us on 0800 158 5530.
Please supply a valid email address.
Please confirm your preferences by selecting from the options below
We also work with a few, carefully selected retail and leisure partners. Please click below if it’s ok for us to send you information and offers from these partners from time to time.
Thanks for signing up!
You're now subscribed to receive the latest news and offers from Ripe.
Incorrect email address. Please check it and try again
We're sorry but our system has experienced an error. Please call our dedicated call center and they will be glad to add you to our newsletter subscriber list