Why choose our specialist basketball insurance?
Basketball is technically a non-contact sport, but watch any basketball match and you’ll see plenty of examples of players sustaining knocks and injuries. From twisted ankles to concussion, there’s always a risk of accidents during a basketball match, which is why it makes sense to ensure you're covered by a specialist basketball insurance policy.
Ready to get a tailored quote?
Why do basketball coaches need insurance?
There are many potential situations where a basketball coach would need insurance to provide cover for themselves and players they’re responsible for. Insure4Sport understands the needs of sports coaches, especially in team sports such as basketball. With a specialist basketball insurance policy from Insure4Sport, you can rest assured that every time you coach a training session, or your team steps out on to the court, everything from your equipment to your legal responsibility is covered.Take a look at the following examples of why every basketball coach should have specialist insurance:
- A player damages equipment during a session at a venue you are using.
- A specific action you teach is brought into question if a player suffers an injury resulting from your advice or instruction.
- You become injured during a session which means you can’t work (and earn) for a period of time.
- You injure yourself during a session and require physio treatment.
- Your sports equipment needed to teach is damaged, lost or stolen.
- One of your employees seriously injures themselves during a teaching drill and claims compensation from you.
Why do basketball players need insurance?
Amateur basketball players are always at risk of injuring themselves during a game or training session, which is why a specialist basketball insurance policy is essential to cover the costs that may arise from an injury. With Insure4Sport, you can tailor your policy choosing from a variety of cover options such as; Personal Accident, which includes cover for broken bones and physiotherapy, plus Loss of Earnings, which provides compensation if you injure yourself and are unable to work for a period of time.Take a look at the following examples of why every amateur basketball player should have specialist insurance:
- You injure yourself during a game or training session and require physio treatment.
- You injure yourself during a game or training session which means you can’t work and earn for a period of time.
- Your sports equipment is damaged, lost or stolen.
- You accidentally injure another player during a game or training session and they decide to take legal action against you.
Why do basketball teams need insurance?
Basketball is a fast-paced and intense team sport, where success depends on all of the team working together effectively. During each training session and game, every team member is open to the risk of injury, which is why it makes complete sense to ensure every member of the squad is insured. With team sports such as basketball, you'll often find that a lot of games are played away from home, increasing the opportunity for equipment to get lost. By taking out the right level of cover with an Insure4Sport basketball team insurance policy you can rest assured the team is covered.Take a look at the following examples of why every amateur basketball team should have specialist insurance:
- You give the go ahead to play or practice at a facility, a member of an opposing team gets injured and you’re held responsible because the facility is deemed to be unfit.
- One of the team coaches offers advice which leads to a team member’s injury.
- A team injures themselves during a team training session and requires physio treatment.
- A team member injures themselves whilst travelling to, from or participating in the sport, which prevents them from carrying out normal work duties and therefore they incur a loss of earnings.
- Team sports kit or equipment is damaged, lost or stolen.
- You employ a physio who injures themselves whilst running to treat an injured team member and they claim compensation from you.
Public Liability Insurance covers you for third party injury or damage to property.
Professional Indemnity Insurance protects you from legal action following advice given.
Provides financial support should you receive an injury whilst carrying out the activity which you are insured and you are unable to work. The maximum benefit period for this cover is 52 weeks. There is an excess of 14 days on this section.
Personal Accident Insurance (sometimes referred to as Sports Accident Insurance) ensures that should an accident occur whilst carrying out the activities for which you are insured you will be entitled to compensation.
insure4sport provides a benefit for Accidental Death, Permanent Disablement, Loss of Limbs and Sight up to £50,000. Plus there is cover in place should you require Physiotherapy or Emergency Dental Treatment. We will also financially compensate you should you require a hospital stay or break a bone.
Provides protection against loss of, theft or damage to your valuable sports equipment should the unthinkable happen. Cover for items less than a year old is on a new for old basis. A Single Article Limit of £2,500 and a £50 excess applies to all claims. Sports equipment excludes bicycles and bicycle accessories. This cover is however available through our bespoke bicycle product “Cycleplan”. Please visit www.cycleplan.co.uk for further information.
Employers Liability insurance will enable you to meet the cost of compensation for your employees’ injuries or illness whether they are caused on or off site. If you are a business or employee people this is a legal requirement.
If you employee volunteers you should still select the option but leave the wage roll values clear.
Participant to Participant Liability provides cover if one of your participants/players injures another participant/player during a sport where tackles, scrums, mauls, or throws are permitted (e.g. football or MMA). If you’re a coach or instructor, and you are deemed liable, then you will be protected.
What is multi-sports cover?We insure over 200 sports and activities, ranging from football and martial arts to aerial hoop dancing and zumba, and all of them fall into one of five risk groups. If you play or coach more than one sport or activity, and they fall within the same risk group or a lower risk group, then you’ll be insured to play or coach them on the same policy at no extra cost. Coaches and instructors must have the necessary qualifications recognised by the UK National Sport Governing Body, or otherwise agreed and recorded by us.Need a bit more information? View our Insurance Scope for further details on which risk group your sports fit into.
"very quick and easy to use the web site."
"Fast, efficient and cheap.... What else could you ask for?"
"All good thus far and reccomended to me by a friend who had good experiences with the comp..."
"I was able to get cover for my sports classes in a short ammount of time. Straight forward..."
"Easy to use, no issues!"
Sign up for our latest news and offers!
To keep updated on all the latest Insure4Sport offers and any relevant news which might be of interest to you, please complete your details below and we'll keep you posted.
Please fill in all fields below.
Please supply a valid email address.
Thanks for signing up!
You're now subscribed to receive the latest news and offers from Insure4Sport.
Incorrect email address. Please check it and try again
We're sorry but our system has experienced an error. Please call our dedicated call center and they will be glad to add you to our newsletter subscriber list